We are conveniently located in the heart of Forest Hills at 68-60 Austin Street. We have successfully been serving students and families throughout the five boroughs of New York City over the past 13 years. Tutors on Wheels provides an array of tutoring services to students grades K-12 and even beyond. ">What makes us so unique and effective at Tutors on Wheels is our hiring of only the finest educators who are either experienced tutors or licensed teachers in New York State. All of our tutors specialize in their specific content area and have received college degrees from accredited college and universities. Let our qualified staff give your child the help they need to get back on track to academic success.
Why Hire a Tutor?
There are several reasons as to why tutoring is an essential part of every student’s academic life regardless of the grade level they may be in. Here are some of the most significant reasons as to why tutoring is a wise investment:
- In today’s busy, fast-paced world, parents don’t always have the time or energy to help their children with homework or test preparation.
- Schools are becoming more demanding and competitive making it more pertinent that students stay abreast to their education in order to avoid falling behind.
- Curriculum throughout the nation has become more complex and evasive with the onset of the Common Core initiative.
- Due to a shortage of veteran teachers and high teacher turnover rate, parents are forced to seek help for their struggling children outside of the school.
- Hiring a tutor helps students get back on par with subject material in order to avoid falling behind and potentially repeating a subject/exam.
Why One-on-One Tutoring Works
Tutors on Wheels has earned a strong reputation for the finest one-on-one tutoring out there. Here are some of the reasons why our one-on-one tutoring approach is so effective:
- With one-on-one tutoring, the tutor can develop a study plan to strengthen the students’ weaknesses.
- If the student is having trouble understanding a concept, the tutor can spend more time explaining the concept in a way that the student can understand.
- One on one tutoring keeps students focused and engaged in the lesson, allowing the students to use their time more efficiently.
- When in groups, many kids are overly self-conscious of what their peers think, and they avoid asking questions for the fear of feeling inferior or being laughed at.
- As many teachers would contest, students are also more likely to get distracted by their friends and engage in side conversations; one-on-one tutoring cuts out these distractions, giving students more bang for their buck.